4.09.2012

G r a t i t u d e * S u n d a y

Taryn from Wooly Moss Roots has a wonderful sunday tradition that I would like to share this week.



{Sunday's heartfelt tradition. A time to slow down, to reflect, to be grateful. A list of gratitudes.} 




When a person has such a week as my family and I have had, it can be very hard to be grateful. It is easier to focus on all the negative, all the "so-and-so doesn't like me any more." and "i'm a worthless human being." and "my dad thinks i'm stupid." This morning, all that felt like it was going to consume me, to drain me dry and leave me in a sobbing mass of cells in front of Jodi's house. But I got to speak to Lily, which always helps, even if that wasn't a long talk... it helped. Then Jodi and I went for a nice walk on the Old Haul Road, which always fixes anything. Followed by a lone walk thru the woods to our almost-ready-for-us cabin. The first item in Taryn's post was Trilliums. And she got me thinking. I am so blessed and so grateful to the universe to have allowed me to live here. In the redwoods. No other tree in the world compares. There is no other wild flower any where on the planet with the simple beauty of the trillium. No place where ocean meets the land quite like this place. This patch of earth has made me who I am.
Thank you, Ocean, for the sound of your waves I can hear on quiet nights all the way at my parents house.
Thank you, Forest, for the dancing trees silhouetted against the night sky. I've fallen asleep watching this dance for more nights than I can count.
Thank you, SmallTown, for providing me with so many loving and generous friends and neighbors.
Thank you, My Babies, for making my every day a little more fun.
Thank you, Huz, for doing everything you can to make our lives better. And thank you for brining us together again. I can't wait.
And finally, thank you Taryn, your words and pictures always remind me that there is something in your day to be grateful for, no matter how small.



1 comment:

Taryn Kae Wilson said...

Your post made me tear up! Bless your heart for your kind words.

Lots of love to you!
Taryn