9.09.2012

Gratitude Sunday.


I'm joining Taryn over at WoolyMossRoots for her wonderful Gratitude Sunday
{Sunday's heartfelt tradition. A time to slow down, to reflect, to be grateful. A list of gratitudes.}


:: Fresh, growing herbs in pots. Trader Joe's has mini herb gardens right now, so the kids and I got one with mint, marjoram, and stevia. I've even been using the herbs!

:: Making Magik Potion every 2 days. 1 cucumber, 1 lemon, a few hands full of fresh mint leaves, maybe some stevia, and a ton of fresh grated ginger. It soaks over night in the fridge, then in the morning it crisp and refreshing. 

:: My kids have been showing me that they are eager to learn and explore and I have been rising to the task. Marbles, cards, growing herbs, cars, and books are some of our most favorite playthings right now.

:: The FlyLady. There I said it. Lately the desire to change my life and cease my slobbish behavior has become so overwhelming that I am actually using the FlyLady as a guide. I still don't get "dressed to my shoes"... well, ever. But I do get dressed and wash my face every morning, I shine my sink, I have started creating a routine and writing it down. The change hasn't seemed to spread any further than the kitchen yet, but this is a slow process of building new habits to replace the sloppy one. I'm not the World's Worst Homemaker for nuthin yaknow.

::  In house laundry. 'nuff said.

:: Sin City Knits Knit Night. I might go on and on about knit night, people who know me are sure to agree, but I can't stop. I love it so

:: Coconut Oil. And the amazing process called Oil Pulling. Since I started doing it, my teeth are cleaner, smoother, whiter... everything-er.

~currently pissed at (and yes, really truly grateful for) fucking technology. so many aspects of it make life more streamlined and photogenic and fun and i love and then it fucking stops working. presumably because the elf that lives inside and makes it go is on his smoke break. gggaaaaaahhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Taryn Kae Wilson said...

Hi Kat,
Glad you're joining Gratitude Sunday again.
Wishing you a wonderful Saturday.

Love, Taryn