9.07.2012

months and months.

That's how long it feels like since I last wrote here. Although I think really I'm just now pushing 2 weeks? Which is still a long absence in the the blog world. Things have been crazy and dull here in Casa de Worst Homemaker. There has been a lot of mild illness that we are chalking up to the food and water here in Vegas. and the central air. Huz and I are trying to plan a cross country move to the furthest reaches of the continental US and that has been insane. We still have some really special things, like my baby book and family movies from when I has little, in a storage unit in Atlanta so we'd have to start here in one u-haul, drive to the A, switch to a bigger one, then drive to what should probably be Canada. We need to buy a new (to us) car, something that can handle snow without making me feel like every trip to the store is a Donner Party adventure. Huz and I, both being about 30, have lived our lives with no credit cards, student loans, car loans, or any of that rat race money trap debt/credit bull shit. But now that we really want to make a large purchase we are finding it very difficult. On the one hand it feels amazing to have no real, massive debt, no credit cards to pay down, no loans to pay back, just us and what we actually have... or don't have, which is more often the case with money these days. (great, the manchild just tangled the drive band on my wheel. good thing it's time to replace it.) If we didn't need a reliable car so badly right now, I would put off car shopping till we were able to save at least half the cost of the car. But the way it looks now, we might have to go to one of those shady "all credit, no credit, accepted. sunda sunday sunday!!!" type things and get locked into asshole car payments where we will end up paying more in interest than the car is actually worth... yay, capitalism!

in other news...
My kids are friggin awesome. More parents need to say so. I love these little ones. The ManChild (just got syrup on my notebook) is expressing himself so well right now, while still maintaing the adorable baby sounds. KaBean is constantly talking to me about the garden and farm we will have when we find a good place in which to settle. She wants to grow strawberries and carrots, sheep and bees, she even said I could grow onions, potatoes, and goats. love it. She is still peeing at night, so Huz and I take turns taking her to the bathroom, about once a night, and we try not to put a diaper on her, but, well, sometimes that plan backfires... thank goddess for in house laundry. I was taking her to the bathroom the other night and in her asleep-ing-est voice she said "mommy, i love you, thank you for taking care of me." then she fell asleep on the toilet and almost fell in. But I caught her and cleaned her up and took her back to bed and my heart melted.

in other other news...
I love knitnight. Even though I'm mad at, or bored with, all my knitting right now, knit night keeps me chugging along. Last night there was a very persistent feeling of "all i have to do is get thru today, then it's knit night." One of our girls was in a fender bender, then on the news for causing a huge delay, even though it sounds like it was a legitimate accident where no one was really responsible but shit still happened. Another had the worst day at school, her plastic water bottle exploded and get water everywhere. Plus, it was shark week for a bunch of us too. And every one was relieved to be there. Also, I won the raffle! Some beautiful hand painted fingering weight yarn in rainbow! I'm not usually a rainbow type person, but this yarn is so fun ad is the perfect yarn for the Longitudinal Socks that just came out in Knitty. I don't have the proper needles for the way they are knit though, so it might be a while till cast on...

I have a ton of pics and have made progress on the Moebius, but we're not going to talk about that right now. I hope to be at the Booneville Fair a week from tomorrow, and By Hand Yarns, and the Mendocino Yarn Shop, so in about a week or 2 I'll have great new stash pics to share. Can't wait!

No comments: