11.14.2010

A Success Story and a Peaceful Bedtime.

I just got to put both babies to bed in my bed with me in the middle. Can I just say how amazing it feels to nurse one while the other has her arm around my neck whispering, "I love you Mommy. And I love the Man Child, and Daddy, and Isis..." this truly is my reason for living.


It had been hard for me to really mother these 2 little beings for a while. My co-parent, their father, my lover had been gone on business for waaay to long this time and the 3 of us were wearing thin. I was starting to get mad and easily frustrated with Bean having to leave the Man Child to cry while I sorted her out. But yesterday and now today have been true attachment parenting successes! Even with Bean having a bit of a stuffy nose and a low temperature, she has been fun and mostly agreeable. Not perfect... lol... she is 2 after all. Bed times like this reaffirm my belief that I can be a gentle peaceful mom and that my kids will not grow up to be spoiled rotten, they will be confident knowing they are loved and free to express themselves without fear of judgment or ridicule.

2 comments:

Genevieve @The Way of the Peaceful Parent said...

thanks for sharing Kat, for staying connected, for seeking connection and so sorry that you're home alone AT ALL with two babas, it shouldn't be this way, it's all too common, I remember it well myself and it can still hurt 8 years later. Bless, love and peace to you and your family

Gilding Lilies said...

Hi, it's always so nice to hear from you. I am all over the tamale place next time I go to LA. I can't wait, and I'll get the info before I go.
I would love for you to use my photo, I can't wait to see what you do with it. I want to hear the story.
I hope your helper/love comes home soon. That's a lot to deal with!