9.26.2010

Hey Look! I Knitted This Frog!!!

Step one- knit the head...


Step 2- knit the eyes and attach to the head...





Step 3- knit the body and attach the head...





Step 4- knit the arms and legs and attach to the body...





Step 5- give that frog a face...


TA DAAA!!!
So that is my practice frog. I'm knitting a binky strap for Zenny and it involves a frog. This frog... well not this frog exactly, he didn't come out so hot and after a few hours in my knitting bag and some time playing with Kaya I came to the conclusion that I need to work on some things.
1- knitting "bobbles", what the hell is a bobble? that is what Miss Susan B. Anderson calls the eyes, hands and feet. Hers look all nice and knitted, mine look like wads of yarn I (poorly) tied to my frog.
2- attaching everything to everything else. The poor thing just started falling apart. So, that is what I will work on from now till about 11.

See Ya!!!
ps- if you're reading this, do you think you could click follow at the top of the page... it'll make me feel good about myself... ;)







1 comment:

Gilding Lilies said...

Hi, I didn't realize you were a local gal, how fun. I posted a bunch of places I have my work locally in response to your comment/question. One place is at the Stevenswood/visitor center on Main St., Mendo. For the long list visit my blog. How did you find my blog, have we met? Hopefully, we will run into each other one of these days. Who knows, maybe at Big River Beach.
Your frog is soooo cute!