9.11.2010

These Are A Few of My Favorite Things!!!

This is a picture of the frustrating cowl I'm working on for Melinda. And if you look closely you can see the Man Child's head poking out of my bathrobe. TeeHee. My robe works as a make-shift skin to skin carrier for him so I can do things... like knit!- when he's a little fussy. I just got a new knitting book called Domiknitrix, I haven't started any knew project from it yet, but I love the beginning section, I love the way she (Jennifer Stafford) talks about knitting. Some of her explanations of the stitches aren't very good but the patterns look fun and the lady at the Mendocino Yarn Shop said shes gotten good reviews. The pattern for the cowl is from Handmade Underground Knitwear by Laura Long and Melissa Halvorson. Now, although I like the patterns and the way my projects have turned out thus far, the way they are written and almost all the explanations of stitches suck. I am not a very good knitter so I really rely on the explanations in my books and these ones are so hard to figure out, I figured most things out but the way they showed the Kitchener stitch got me soooo confused a ruined one of my first hat! Luckily for me the lady at the MYS is amazing. She showed me very thoroughly how to do the stitch flawlessly.

Here is a picture of Man Child sleeping next to my knitting things. He has been so amazing. He sleeps, he eats, he poops. It is amazing how quickly you learn to see with your feet when you walk around your house starring into the eyes of your baby. 
J Dub is back and KaBean is in seventh heaven. "Daddy, juice. Daddy, I wanna watch a movie. Daddy, come rub my back!!!" And boy does he jump. I love that he is here, today was the first time in a while I've been able to sit and knit. I got 2 whole rows done! 


No comments: