3.10.2011

Life Changing... One Day at a Time

My house is a disgusting mess.

Like gross.

Like I don't want kids in a place like this.

The depression that I was going thru and I'm now trying to climb out of, left me with no energy to clean up or wash dishes or do laundry. So now, I am trying, with some success to clean my house from top to bottom before I leave to visit my grandma and aunts tomorrow. I have been working on it for days now and when I look around I can see the small progress.

I feel like this is my chance to change my life, and the life of my children. I have big dreams of un-schooling, farm life, and spinning, but I know it wont work for me our my children if I can't get it under control. It being my awful neatness skills.

2 comments:

jenmc said...

I was so in your shoes a few months ago. My story is a bit different though. I was working out side of the home for four years 60 plus hour work weeks and my husband was in charge. When I lost my job a year ago, I felt like I couldnt dig out of the disgustingness. I was afraid to let my baby lay on the floor. it came to a point where we werent even really using our living room as a living space. we lived in this teeny tiny house all 6 of us and it was AWFUL. We got an opportunity to move and I jumped at the chance to purge purge purge. I was depressed too, crazy emotional, I felt so insane. You can do it! I did and when I got a chance to start over fresh the organized woman inside of me came out. I have a laundry schedule, chore charts, cleaning schedules. The house isnt perfect. with four kids it will never be but man, It feels so great to be clean again.

Ballerina Baller said...

thank you! i know it will get better and it has been but you know how living in a disgusting house can just sap the will out of you! one room, one meal, one projest at a time.