6.03.2012

G*R*A*T*I*T*U*D*E S*U*N*D*A*Y

I'm joining Taryn over at WoolyMossRoots for what might be my new favorite blog roll...



{Sunday's heartfelt tradition. A time to slow down, to reflect, to be grateful. A list of gratitudes.} 

This week I am grateful for....

* Honest communication in my relationship. 

* Adventurous and self motivated offspring... some of the time. Both kids right now are learning new skills without too much of leading from Huz or I. The ManChild has learned to tell when he feels pee coming and has started to approach us in advance saying, "peepee, poddy! peepee poddY!" He especially loves it when Huz is the one to help him. And of corse, KaBean and her letters... She doesn't really like to practice when I sit down with her, but when she feels like it, I see her writing real letters.

* Honestly, I think everything week boils down to this: No matter how things look in the moment, I would rather be here with my Man than anywhere else. The thing about relationships is that sometimes they are not easy. But fighting out loud, actively working thru whatever problems you have, even if it you shout and say angry things, even if the kids are there, is the only way to fix the problem. We fight, but then we work it out. We come to decision, we forgive each other and hug, and hug the kids. The best thing about fighting is showing the kids that love will find a way (every 'love will find a way' song is running thru my head right now. i feel really cheesy).  Huz is strong and supportive and slightly off his rocker, and I wouldn't change him for the world. Even the part of him that thinks water just grown on trees...

Anyway, enough sap

*Homemade Vegan Chocolate Cupcakes. With walnuts chopped very fine, so the small children can't tell they're there. teeheeheee...

* The box of cloth diapers we brought with us from home. We ran out of devil diapers destroyers of the earth Pampers a few days ago and it's been so hot, we haven't been to the store. But lo! I had all our cloth and some cloth diaper soap tucked in the closet in my fiber room. I feel so blessed that the ManChild is potty training because he hasn't really been wanting diapers and he hasn't really been peeing on the floor.

And last and most exciting....

*** It's working! My F#$king Shawl looks fucking incredible. The stitches are showing up, the count is right, I even love the colors and gauge still. It's gonna be amazing.***


Look carefully at this picture in case I anger the Knitting Goddess with my excitement. This might be the last picture of the F@#king Shawl we see...




Now head on ever to Taryn and read her beautiful list of gratitudes. They'll make you feel sort of happy...

2 comments:

Taryn Kae Wilson said...

Hi Kat!
Honest communication is huge. A great addition to the list!

Love, Taryn

P.S. I love sap :)

Ballerina Baller said...

thanks taryn!