6.09.2012

That F@#ing Shawl Strikes Again

We knew it was only a matter of time. I'm not even going to glorify this with a crappy phone picture either. Just to say that I've discovered a major addition of stitches, or once again my ingrained inability to count higher than 8 (its a little bit of a dancer thing, you spend so much of your childhood hearing 'ONE, 2, 3, 4, FIVE, 6, 7, 8, in various rhythms and tempos that at some point thats just how you count. no not all dancers can't count, it might just be me) has sabotaged the shawl. I'm in love with it. With the feel, the repeats, the colors... I think it loves me back, but every once in a while it has to bite me or pee on the seat or something so I pay attention to it. I was knitting on my Perpetual First Pair of Socks and I don't think the shawl liked that. I really don't think my knitting has attitude, I think the universe is trying to teach me something... about... I dunno, I'm getting my favorite knitting book, Zen and the Art of Knitting. It always makes me feel better. Melinda gave it to me after my son was born... I really love it.

No comments: